In this release we’ve focused on authentication improvements for Fider. For a long time we have enabled visitors to sign in via Facebook, Google, GitHub and email, but that’s not enough. Custom providers was a highly requested feature so that we could have authentication via Twitch, Discord, Spotify, Azure AD, Strava and many many others.
#1: Custom OAuth
Site Settings -> Authentication, Administrators are now able to configure authentication with any provider that supports OAuth2. We have enhanced our documentation on how to configure OAuth, so if you’re looking into integrating other providers into your Fider instance, have a look on it to learn how to do that.
#2: An API is coming soon!
Release 0.15 was supposed to include a Public API, but that has been postponed to 0.16 due to unforeseen events. But we’ve made a good progress on it and this release actually includes a bunch of changes that are not yet visible. So sit back and relax, the API is coming soon!
Other Changes on Fider 0.15
- enhancement: Show warning message when cookies are disabled (#461)
- enhancement: enhance logs with UserAgent header enhancement (#458)
- enhancement: Force secure cookies when running on HTTPS (#454)
- fix: concurrency issue on Logger (#457)
- fix: Can’t use ‘Enter’ key when completing profile bug (#451)
- enhancement: add robots.txt (#470)
- refactoring: rename Ideas to Posts (#476)
- design: some UI improvements (#471)
- refactor: use new Google OAuth API (#453)
- enhancement: correct use of OAuth state (#450)
Help us shape the future of Fider. Visit our feedback forum and raise your voice. Tell us what to do next.